Professional Mediation Skills
Conflict is an inevitable part of life. When not managed properly, conflict is costly. It may even turn litigious. However, when managed strategically and skilfully, conflict can be avoided, mitigated and resolved. It can be transformed from a problem into an opportunity. Today’s professionals need to understand conflict and fully appreciate their management options. Only then can they respond effectively when conflict surfaces.
This programme will provide participants with a strong foundation in conflict management through a rigorous 40-hour mediation training. It will equip participants with the essential structures and practical skill-sets for managing conflict in cross-border and cross-cultural settings. After completing the programme, participants will have the competence and confidence to mediate disputes in their respective fields and industries.
This programme offers a pathway to:-
– SIDRA certification;
– Level 1 certification with the Singapore International Mediation Institute; and
– Mediator accreditation in Australia through SIDRA’s partnership with the University of Western Australia.
You will gain:
– Understanding of how conflict impacts human behaviour;
– Knowledge of negotiation and mediation as conflict management processes;
– Foundational skills in mediation from current best practices;
– Immersion and instruction in a specific mediation model and process;
– Skills for navigating high levels of emotion, value differences, power imbalances, and impasses in mediations;
– Interaction with the ground-breaking Mediation Meta-Model; and
– Understanding of the ethical issues and legal and regulatory framework(s) for mediation.
The programme offers a pathway to professional accreditation.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who represent their clients’ interests in the resolution of disputes, including but not limited to:
– Executive-level professionals of any function and industry whose work involves the management of people, disputes and conflicts;
– Lawyers and in-house counsel;
– Government and public officials; and
– Aspiring and/or experienced mediators.
Public CPD Points (Total): 30*
· Day 1 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 2 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 3 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 4 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 5 – 6 Public CPD Points
Practice Area: Alternative Dispute Resolution
Training Category: General
Participants who wish to claim CPD Points must comply strictly with the Attendance Policy set out in the CPD Guidelines. Participants are reminded to sign in on arrival and sign out at the conclusion of each day of the event in the manner required by the organiser. Participants must not be absent for each day of the event for more than 15 minutes. Participants who do not comply with the Attendance Policy will not be able to obtain CPD Points. Please refer to www.sileCPDcentre.sg for more information.
Terms and Conditions
SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION ACADEMY – PROGRAMMES
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Placement in the programme will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure an optimal learning environment, the participant intake per programme will be limited and registration will close 21 calendar days before commencement date of the programme or once the programme is full, whichever is sooner. SIDRA reserves the right to decrease or increase the participant intake for each programme.
- Placement is not guaranteed until payment of the full programme fee has been received. The full programme fee must be paid at the time of registration and all payments must be received no later than 21 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme
- Programme fee is inclusive of one lunch and two tea breaks per day and programme materials.
- Fees for the programmes are not subject to Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST), unless otherwise stated and/or notified by SIDRA.
- Early bird discounts, if any, is only applicable to registration and payment that is received by SIDRA before the closing date offered for early bird discount registration.
- Other discounts may be offered by SIDRA in its absolute discretion from time to time, on such terms and conditions as determined by SIDRA.
- Submitted registrations are subject to written confirmation by, or where applicable sent on behalf of, SIDRA. A confirmation email will be sent to participant at least 14 calendar days before commencement date of the programme. Once a written confirmation has been sent any requests for cancellations or substitutions will only be entertained if such request is made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- SIDRA reserves the right to deny admission if payment is not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Cancellation – A participant who has made full payment, may submit a request in writing to SIDRA via email email@example.com to cancel a registration, provided always that such request must be received by SIDRA at least 10 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme. Cancellation requests duly received by SIDRA will be eligible for a refund of the programme fee, less a S$100 administrative fee. No cancellations will be accepted, nor refunds issued, in respect of requests made less than 10 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme. Cancellation requests agreed by SIDRA will only result in a refund as set out above and SIDRA will not extend credits to future programmes in the event of cancellation.
- Substitutions – A participant who has made full payment, may submit a request in writing to SIDRA via email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer a registration to another person, provided always that such request must, together with details of such person, be received in writing by SIDRA via email at least 10 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme. SIDRA can in its sole discretion accept or reject such request for substitution. An administrative fee of S$100 will be imposed for each substitution of participant and no substitutions will be made until SIDRA receives payment of the administrative fee.
- Forfeiture – The full programme fee will be charged and forfeited for no-shows.
- A participant cannot replace the registered programme with another programme, or replace the registered run / session of a programme with another run / session of the same programme.
- The contents and materials provided as part of the programme are the intellectual property of SIDRA and/or its partners, consultants, trainers and guest speakers; may not be disseminated or reproduced in any format; and are for participants’ personal, educational and non-commercial use only.
- SIDRA may take photographs during the programme for use in SIDRA’s marketing collaterals and other publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have your photograph taken, please do inform the photographer.
- Please note that SIDRA retains the right to cancel a programme. If a programme is cancelled by SIDRA, SIDRA will refund the full programme fees but will not be responsible for cost or losses incurred by the participant.
- SIDRA reserves the right to change without notice the details published, which include but are not limited to change of venue(s), date(s), topic(s), programme schedule/itinerary, fee(s) and faculty, should circumstances so warrant.
For further information and enquiries, please contact email@example.com.