Professional Mediation Skills
Venue: To be advised
Conflict is an inevitable part of life. When not managed properly, conflict is costly. It may even turn litigious. However, when managed strategically and skilfully, conflict can be avoided, mitigated and resolved. It can be transformed from a problem into an opportunity. Today’s professionals need to understand conflict and fully appreciate their management options. Only then can they respond effectively when conflict surfaces.
This programme will provide participants with a strong foundation in conflict management through a rigorous 40-hour mediation training. It will equip participants with the essential structures and practical skill-sets for managing conflict in cross-border and cross-cultural settings. After completing the programme, participants will have the competence and confidence to mediate disputes in their respective fields and industries.
The programme offers a pathway to professional accreditation.
You will gain:
– Understanding of how conflict impacts human behaviour;
– Knowledge of negotiation and mediation as conflict management processes;
– Foundational skills in mediation from current best practices;
– Immersion and instruction in a specific mediation model and process;
– Skills for navigating high levels of emotion, value differences, power imbalances, and impasses in mediations;
– Interaction with the ground-breaking Mediation Meta-Model; and
– Understanding of the ethical issues and legal and regulatory framework(s) for mediation.
Pathway to SIDRA accreditation and Level 1 certification with the Singapore International Mediation Institute.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who represent their clients’ interests in the resolution of disputes, including but not limited to:
– Executive-level professionals of any function and industry whose work involves the management of people, disputes and conflicts;
– Lawyers and in-house counsel;
– Government and public officials; and
– Aspiring and/or experienced mediators.