As mediation becomes the go-to option for resolving disputes and restoring relationships, dispute resolution practitioners must equip themselves with the relevant craft to represent their clients in a mediation. Counsel must be able to advise and advocate for their clients in a mediation just as effectively as they would in other forums for dispute resolution.
Mediation advocacy is different from the traditional methods of advocacy and involves a significant change in thinking, approach and skills. This programme facilitates the necessary paradigm shifts and imparts the requisite strategies and skills for effective mediation advocacy across a range of disputes – especially those that arise in an international, cross-border setting.
You will gain:
– Ability to make the most out of mediation for you and your client;
– Comprehension of the main principles of mediation, suitability of mediation, and the mediation landscape;
– General knowledge expected of mediation advocates;
– Understanding of the roles for mediation advisors and advocates at each stage of mediation;
– Strategies and tools for preparing for a mediation with the client;
– Familiarity with processes and skill-sets for mediation advisors and advocates;
– Understanding of the common risks and power dynamics in mediation and how to deal with them;
– Awareness of the ethical issues and legal and regulatory framework(s) for mediation.
Pathway to SIDRA accreditation and certification with the International Mediation Institute*
Who Should Attend
Lawyers, in-house counsel and other professional advisors interested in offering their clients better service in managing and resolving their disputes.
Terms & Conditions
SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION ACADEMY – PROGRAMMES
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Placement in the programme will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure an optimal learning environment, the participant intake per programme will be limited and registration will close 21 calendar days before commencement date of the programme or once the programme is full, whichever is sooner. SIDRA reserves the right to decrease or increase the participant intake for each programme.
- Placement is not guaranteed until payment of the full programme fee has been received. The full programme fee must be paid at the time of registration and all payments must be received no later than 21 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme
- Programme fee is inclusive of one lunch and two tea breaks per day and programme materials.
- Fees for the programmes are not subject to Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST), unless otherwise stated and/or notified by SIDRA.
- Early bird discounts, if any, is only applicable to registration and payment that is received by SIDRA before the closing date offered for early bird discount registration.
- Other discounts may be offered by SIDRA in its absolute discretion from time to time, on such terms and conditions as determined by SIDRA.
- Submitted registrations are subject to written confirmation by, or where applicable sent on behalf of, SIDRA. A confirmation email will be sent to participant at least 14 calendar days before commencement date of the programme. Once a written confirmation has been sent any requests for cancellations or substitutions will only be entertained if such request is made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- SIDRA reserves the right to deny admission if payment is not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Cancellation – A participant who has made full payment, may submit a request in writing to SIDRA via email email@example.com to cancel a registration, provided always that such request must be received by SIDRA at least 10 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme. Cancellation requests duly received by SIDRA will be eligible for a refund of the programme fee, less a S$100 administrative fee. No cancellations will be accepted, nor refunds issued, in respect of requests made less than 10 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme. Cancellation requests agreed by SIDRA will only result in a refund as set out above and SIDRA will not extend credits to future programmes in the event of cancellation.
- Substitutions – A participant who has made full payment, may submit a request in writing to SIDRA via email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer a registration to another person, provided always that such request must, together with details of such person, be received in writing by SIDRA via email at least 10 calendar days prior to the commencement date of the programme. SIDRA can in its sole discretion accept or reject such request for substitution. An administrative fee of S$100 will be imposed for each substitution of participant and no substitutions will be made until SIDRA receives payment of the administrative fee.
- Forfeiture – The full programme fee will be charged and forfeited for no-shows.
- A participant cannot replace the registered programme with another programme, or replace the registered run / session of a programme with another run / session of the same programme.
- The contents and materials provided as part of the programme are the intellectual property of SIDRA and/or its partners, consultants, trainers and guest speakers; may not be disseminated or reproduced in any format; and are for participants’ personal, educational and non-commercial use only.
- SIDRA may take photographs during the programme for use in SIDRA’s marketing collaterals and other publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have your photograph taken, please do inform the photographer.
- Please note that SIDRA retains the right to cancel a programme. If a programme is cancelled by SIDRA, SIDRA will refund the full programme fees but will not be responsible for cost or losses incurred by the participant.
- SIDRA reserves the right to change without notice the details published, which include but are not limited to change of venue(s), date(s), topic(s), programme schedule/itinerary, fee(s) and faculty, should circumstances so warrant.
For further information and enquiries, please contact email@example.com.