You face intractable problems in your negotiations and disputes, and need cutting-edge solutions.
You understand that growth is not easily achieved alone, and wish to be part of a community of international stakeholders who regularly exchange and explore ideas and experiences in negotiation and dispute resolution.
You see the rapid evolution of complex challenges that are defining our time, and want to acquire next-generation expertise in negotiation and dispute resolution.
You realise that conventional wisdom and theories may not work in all situations, and want access to the latest practice-based and context-sensitive research.
You appreciate the relevance of diverse perspectives in a globalised world, and want to hear the leading Asian ideas and insights in global conversations on negotiation and dispute resolution.
The Singapore International Dispute Resolution Academy (SIDRA) is Asia’s global thought leader for learning and research in negotiation and dispute resolution. SIDRA was launched on 17 March 2016 at the 2016 Global Pound Conference by the Honourable the Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon.
SIDRA leads change in the culture of deal-making and dispute resolution and empowers people to create value.
SIDRA is a non-profit organisation supported by the Ministry of Law. It is a subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law and the Singapore Mediation Centre and is based at the Singapore Management University, School of Law.
What makes SIDRA unique among dispute resolution institutions?
• We adopt a holistic multi-disciplinary approach in our activities and services. We are interested in what works in theory, practice and policy.
• We have assembled a distinguished international faculty drawn from a myriad of different nations, cultures, industries, fields and disciplines.
• We place special focus on developing and enhancing culturally-sensitive models of negotiation and dispute resolution that are relevant for our diverse region.
• We continually draw on our practice-based R&D outcomes to create new programmes and refresh our existing offerings.
• We work closely with Singapore’s world-class dispute resolution institutions and partner with local, regional and international academic and industry partners for R&D and training.
• As a hub centred in the heart of the region, we provide a platform for stakeholders from all over the world to connect, communicate and collaborate.